Friday 28 December 2012

Will sets up the first hull skin panels to his i550 kit

One thing with kits  is they do save lots of time, Will cut all panels free in one and a half hours, I assume this was all sixteen sheets of 6mm marine ply we cut for him.


Hi Roy,

Merry Christmas and thanks for the mentions on your blog - I can see some clicks coming through from there.



Here are the latest shots of the boat as of yesterday evening. I was able to stitch the sides to the bottom single handed without much drama, the full cradle really has helped here (not many builders use them). Note that the centre seam is completely closed now (I had to lift the panels into a 'V' shape and pull very hard on the cable ties). I also had to add some lead ballast to get the forward section to deform to fit the cradle. I am also going to re-do the Stem fitting, hence the temporary looking nature of the bow.



The Ply panels I have used so far are cut millimetre perfect. They line-up and fit like a dream which means two things, a big time saver and an improvement in quality over what I could have done myself.

A fast build of an evenfaster  boat!

Roy