Sunday 23 December 2012

The first SA i550 hull assembly has started

Seen here and with pictures from Wills own web pages is the kit we cut last week.
Our CNC cut kit makes boat number 471 in the class the very first ever for South Africa, we now look to expand the i550 class and Wills lead will help others as the questions start to be asked on what follows what?


Words by i550 builder Will.

Posted on December 22, 2012 by sailskkf


Reply

Well the CKD boats plywood kit finally arrived today and my boatshed suddenly looks full. Plenty to do ths Christmas weekend as I also picked up the Oregon pine for the keel, rudder, stem and compression post.



I cut the kit out ths evening with a jigsaw and had the whole thing done inside 1.5 hours. Now i have got to tidy up and get ready for my first ever attempt at glassing seams. I think I will practice a bit first!



It looks to me as though Will is making progress and working the night shifts!

Roy