Friday 20 July 2012

The Yaesu FRG 7700 audio pot arrrives

Seen here this tiny audio pot that Captain Dion is holding looks so small but its arrival was far from easy.

I had been advised that Yaesu parts are hard to find in South Africa, so I tried in the UK and was pleased to find they had what I required.


Sam Ruddy of Yaesu UK was happy to pack and post, I paid them and the package was posted to Cape Town, months later I still had no deleivery and the tracking number posted arrival in Johannesburg. Later Sam emailed me to say the parcel had now been returned, marked Not Collected, I have to blame the Post Office on our side, as no collection slip arrived with me.


Now in stock as a spare, you can get them yourself from Yaesu Uk.

Yaesu UK asked should they re post it back to Cape Town? I had a better idea as I knew Dion was due in Simons Town in a week or so, I had Sam post to Dions parents home in the British Midlands, Dion would then collect and bring it over for me. Yaesu UK posted as 1st class Royal Mail, the only bother was the envelope was empty when it arrived, they had failed to put the pot in the package!


This pot controls two functions, the audio AF Gain and also the Tone.

Sam re posted and  it arrived in time for Dion to bring it across for me, I then did a 50kms round trip to collect it, no problem, just check the view in False Bay and Dion made me some nice Rooibos tea!

All in all I feel that I have had very good service from Yaesu UK.

Roy

A message from Sam at Yaesu UK.

Hi Roy

Many thanks for the photo.

We got there in the end.
No problem with the help.
It is a shame we cannot claim air miles for this pot ha!

Best regards

Sam

Sam Ruddy
Service Manager
Yaesu UK Ltd/Standard Horizon