Saturday 27 March 2010

The Piano Man

I assume that our Superform bending plywood was used to case the new digital Roland RD-700GX piano kit,it looks like Roland only supply the electronics as a kit CKD Boats cc can supply the actual Piano parts as a kit.
Roland introduced the RD-700GX SuperNATURAL Piano Kit (K-RD700GX1)

Boats,then Toylanders,could Baby Grand Piano kits be next!
Our Superform bending plywood is the secret to the ease of build of course,we will be looking at instruments like Guitars next.




Hi Roy

You may recall that I bought a sheet of bending-ply from you late last year, muttering something about building a piano case to house a digital piano. Well, it's taken a while to complete although that was mostly waiting for the electronic components to finish the amplifiers. In fact, the carpentry only took four weeks working over weekends and in the evenings. Suffice to say that I would never have attempted it if I hadn't discovered your ply. Thusly, thanks for that and I'm pleased to say that it even sounds pretty good. I don't think it'll float though.

I ended up slicing up the ply sheet into three to form the three-layer sides that were attached to a frame to form the piano shape.

Attached are a handful of photographs to prove it exists and for your scrapbook :)

All the best,
Paul

No comments:

Post a Comment