Monday 19 October 2009

Hard dodger ventilation hatch with a Lexan infill.




I was going to cough up for a Lewmar size 30 low profile deck hatch,then I was told the price,so now I know why they call it coughing up,what a shock! This hatch was made from factory offcuts,when its painted with International paints Interthane white and the Lexan infill panel is bonded in place with Dow-Corning 816 black silicone,it will look the part and work fine.A pair of solid stainless hinges will be fitted on the forward edge,I need some sort of friction hinge to allow the hatch to remain open,either that or a stay,no problems I think.A neoprene gasket underneath will keep the wind and rain out fine.

While this one off was done by myself and using the factory machines,including a router and 30mm wide bit to cut the 7.5mm x 15mm window rebate,we could more easily cut to any size with our CNC machine,the ply is 15mm thick ockume marine ply.

No comments:

Post a Comment