Saturday 18 April 2009

building a Didi 34 from one of our kits




Here Nick is adding a T&G detail by routering a V groove into the plywood.



Note the containers on the floor,they are all 5ltr packs of 816 epoxy which is a standard part of any of our kits we supply.

Even we were surprised when the news came out that Nick would launch his Didi 34 yacht just two years after buying his kit from us,he made a deal with his wife,extend the house to make a new kitchen but he would build the new boat in the extension first,deal struck,Nick got a move on!

A few words from Nick when he started his build:

Roy please find a selection of pictures showing some of the bulkheads glued together as well as the rudder which I made while waiting for the kit to arrive.For your interest it took me less than one weekend to remove the bulkhead sections from their sheets, trim them where necessary and glue them together.It is only further into the project that one fully appreciates the benefit of having bulkheads that are 100% accurate as one would never be able to cut them out as accurately using a jig saw. I do apologize for not taking more photos But honestly before I knew it I was finished will take photos of the hull skin before I remove them from their cut outs.I was truly impressed with your kit system.

No comments:

Post a Comment