Sunday 21 December 2008

Anne's Place on Saint Helena Island,South Atlantic Ocean


Left click on any picture to view full screen size.


Anne with one of her diaries that yachts passing through are invited to write in.

Anne,thank you for all you have done for myself and the other yachties who have met you,I will post you some pictures of Ocean Cloud to insert in your diary record.
Regards Roy


Ocean Cloud in her berth at RCYC prior to departure.


My diary entry on arrival last time at Annes Place.

This is one of my more proud and special entries to my blog pages,having sailed to St Helena Island twice now my memories of the island and its super nice people is still very fresh in my mind,even if its now some twenty years past since my last visit.

Good friends of mine Rod and Mary Turner-Smith have just sailed there from Hout Bay,a first ocean trip for them and their Shearwater 39,Sheer Tenacity,I asked them to see if Anne still had a record of my last visit? It seems Annes records are well taken care of,thanks Anne for making us all so welcome at your place.

Roy

Ex Ocean Cloud,an Endurance 37

No comments:

Post a Comment