Tuesday 10 June 2008

Hout Bay Yacht Club waters,South Africa.



Nandi,one of our Didi 34 kits,chasing Megafreight in a local race



A view along the main spine on the HBYC marina



Nandi,her first sailing in Hout Bay



Hout Bay Marina in the fishing Harbour,morning tranquility and at its best



Flying Cloud,a Dix 43 made in ply/epoxy,in Chapmans Bay and reaching into Hout Bay

Some may wonder what we are doing down here at the end of a continent,I wonder myself some days but there is nothing like a drive along our wonderfull coastal roads,on my way to work each morning,to remind me about just why I choose to live here in Hout Bay as I do.Hout Bay is near land locked,depending on where you look from,the open sea can not be seen,some say its like Venezuela and having spent many months there,cruising on our last Endurance 37 yacht with my family,I can only agree,the sunsets can be amazing,the sun lights up the mountains to a pink blush,then its dark for the night.If you want to find out more about Hout Bay and its environs,the yacht club and other places,check out these great sites.

www.hbyc.co.za or www.drumbeatcharters.co.za

Roy

No comments:

Post a Comment