Thursday 28 March 2013

B&G 213 MHU unit removal

I was wondering if anyone was wanting to know how to remove the B&G 213 mast head unit?


I have seen use for two of these in only three years, the adverts say they are suitable for Antarctic weather and for 80 mph winds. In my case two news ones have failed in less than a year each, one was replaced but the second one was not.

B&G Service or self service, thats where I am at now.



So I happen to have and old one that the long arm was broken off, the screw in end will make a fine plug to blank off the mast head wire socket with when I remove the existing MHU for service, in this case the windspeed does not work (again) The fittings in the picture show the six pin socket and screw in cap.

There will also be an over center locking clip wire that further ensures the MHU does not come free.

Roy