Friday 12 October 2012

B&G is now supported by Simrad!

Simrad had a very centra 2012 Cape Town Boat show stand, which opened today and I assume the service covers Southern Africa as a whole.

This was great news to myself as the old company selling B&G marine equipment just were not good enough at service, I have seen two 213 MHU (mast head units) fail in three years. Starting with a brand new one, that lasted 11 months, the next one was a factory replaced item, it lasted longer but not a whole lot more, I have tried since May this year to get it repaired with no joy at all.


Thats Steve on the left, a top service man who really can work on marine electronic gear. Next to him is Eddy, principal of B&G/Simrad and the importer, Eddy has a very nice technical workshop, so service should be done be in house from now on.

It was really nice to discuss the MHU with Steve, he has the parts and also servicable exchange parts in stock. I have also ordered a device to stop BEMF (back electromagnetic force) on my Lewmar to B&G direct drive unit. Steve will make this up for me and I will install it.

How nice is that!

Roy