Saturday 29 September 2012

The Hout Bay Yacht Clubs Market Day

Was this a wash out,? not really the clouds lifted just after I took this picture and I was able to brouse and meet some old friends without getting wet. There are many stalls just out of sight of this picture and the stall holders were only just setting up. The selection is varied, always changing, goods on offer can include tools, home made cakes,CDs, video tapes and yachting memorabilia.



In fact in my case I did well, a classic Smiths oil pressure gauge,with its connection pipe and unions was on offer at one stall, I snapped that up very quickly. Then I had the good fortune to meet the brother of the founder of the TBA (traditional boat association) and find out where Allan Craxton is now. Allan phoned me from Durban later and I will be posting him a copy of the TBA history, writen and produced by Colin Davies.

How good was that!

Roy

Note, the space for stalls is at a fee of just R50 a table ( i think) and all are very welcome to set up for the day. They start at 9am and run to around 2pm, so its quite casual, the trading days are the second and last saturday of the month. Tea and coffee plus snacks are available from the club house, you can have them on the timber deck in the front of the club, just check that view!