Monday 28 May 2012

Fishing in Hout Bays local waters

It is not often that my work takes me along one of the capes best scenic drives and on such a perfect day. I was taking a Cape Henry 21 drop keel to the CNC shop, as we will do the packing there.


The Sentinal as seen from Chapmans Peak drive, what a place to live and sail!



Looking down I saw these two trawlers, I thought they  may be pair trawling, as they were so close to each other.



They are in fact inside Chapmans Bay, Hout Bay is to your right.



Fishing here means its very cost effective, as the off  loading port is just out of sight and no more than five miles distant.



On my return it was easy to see they were tending their own nets.



Ring them in and suck them out.

All pictures by R McBride using a Canon G11 on an auto setting with tele focus on some shots. Pictures will enlarge if you click on them.

Roy