Sunday 18 March 2012

Vortex, an OCC boat

Seen just yesterday Sean was discussing the next offshore trip, he has the right boat to do it in too,its a Nicolson 35, such a solid and well built yacht.



Sean Collins shows off his OCC cap (must get one myself)






We discussed the quality of 316 stainless, or in  the case of the bimini supplied in Spain, the lack of quality, there is surface rust, while the original 316 stainless supplied with the boat is still perfect and its now twenty years old also.

On the OCC there is news in from Jenny Franklin, she says they have a Facbook page now, thats not for me but you can give it a try?


Hi Roy,
Great to hear from you, and I quite understand about facebook – it’s both invasive and addictive!!
Nevertheless, for my sins (and they are many!) I’ve been delegated to the task of running it and am trying hard not to let it take over my life completely. Still have some sailing to do!

Okay, the Ocean Cruising Club facebook page is http://www.facebook.com/#!/groups/378596952153031/ and






OCC Port Officer for Cape Town and Hout Bay
Roy