Saturday 29 October 2011

The Jaguar mirror page,Du Ponts New Red painted Jaguar 3.8 S type

The 1967 Jaguar 3.8 S type I found on a dealers web site looks just like my own,in fact so alike it could be a mirror view,excepting its left hand drive,the only differences are the spot light centers and a rather handy rear view drivers mirror.


Pictures taken from the Sunset Classics web pages,my thanks to them,the car is now sold?

Why bother mentioning the car looks just like my own? Well for very many years the annual Cape Jaguar Drivers Club concours event would see my own car loose around 60 points due to a None Jaguar Paint Colour,one judge (dave price) docked 20 points of the engine bay alone one year,the reds wrong he told me (so much for being an expert) I still managed to win the S Type concours five times in spite of the dropped points.


So here we are,the same model Jaguar as my own and in the same paint colour,whats so special about that? Well one car and it may even be this car,went through a full rebuild,the paint shade was known to be a Du Pont paint used by Jaguar.Du Pont checked thier records and found it was indeed their paint and was named New Red.


How close a match can this be! this picture was taken here about a month back.
The lights in the garage and the Canon G11 camera have made the paint shade look
as brite as they have.


R McB

No comments:

Post a Comment