Sunday 10 April 2011

The Liverpool and North West Wales CCY

CCY stands for Camping Club Youth,of which I was once a member,you did not have to join but once a member you were expected to bide by the groups rules,which basically followed the main rules of the full club.Youth culture was very much better back then?


Photo taken by Robert Henry McBride,the event was a CCY  weekend,the place is Garth in North Wales,the year was 1964

The van was an old Fordson,which I think was bought by Les for around fifty pounds,Les and I did many miles in that van untill he bought a more modern Ford ldv,being prior to my own purchase of a Mk 1 Hillman Imp.

Names,left to right

Robert (milky bar kid) ,Ian McEvoy,Pat Williams,Pam Salthouse,Roy McBride,Les French with arms out stretched,Carmen,in the van,Peter Hignet,standing at the back of the van,the Mathison boys,anyone having full names please let me know.

Roy




No comments:

Post a Comment