Tuesday 15 March 2011

WSR or West Somerset Railway

One of my regular Hillman Imp suppliers has just mentioned he can not pack any parts for me from next monday when I will be in the Liverpool area for one week,when he gave me the following link I knew why!

http://www.wsr.org.uk/ssg2011.htm



Celebrating 35 years of the West Somerset Railway... The West Somerset Railway Spring Steam Gala has established itself as one of the heritage railway events of the year, visited by several thousand people each year. The 2011 event promises to live up to the very high quality successful Steam Galas held over recent years, and this year will be staged over two long weekends – six days in total. If you have never sampled a WSR Spring Steam Gala you just don’t know what you’re missing! The Spring Steam Gala 2011 celebrates 35 years of the West Somerset Railway operating over the former Taunton to Minehead Branch of British Rail. The ever popular Spring Gala this year will see the return of some of the locomotive types associated with the Minehead branch over the last thirty five years as well as new types not seen before on the line.

I will not be able to attened as its in the South and I will be further North,my blog may be a little static for a week but should be back in action from around the 28th of March?

Roy

No comments:

Post a Comment