Tuesday 1 March 2011

Heineken beer brewery customer service

An update,we phoned them again today,the response was that we can not expect a reply for about three weeks,pass me another Windhoek,after me drinking their beer for twenty years,Heineken are history now.

Well a lack of it really,given its past twenty four hours since I took the trouble to phone the South African Heineken Beer distributors help line at Consumer Customer Brandhouse on 0800 272 634,then explain they have a problem with some of their Heineken beers now on sale in Hout Bay and not having a return call,I can only assume they dont care?

My adventure with Heineken beer probably started in Oyster Pond,St Maarten,West Indies,when I was buying exotic timbers in the general region,I took time off to visit some yachting friends from Hout Bay and found the bar at the Dinghy Dock sold Heinekens.I can also remember  visiting a very popular bar by a river in Dublin,the draft Heineken beer was simply amazing,well it was back then.

Returning back to Cape Town,I started drinking Heinekens and Castle Lager was then a thing of the past,we are talking about twenty years  back? I then found that things were not what they should be,some Heinekens came from Holland brewed and bottled there,then Namibia Breweries made it,no problems there but when production moved to SAB in Jo,burg,the quality dropped off and I then turned to Windhoek Lager Export in the blue cans.

Heineken then moved the production to Namibia again,dropping that in recent times to re supply ex Holland,read the lables and packings,its all writen down there someplace.

The new supply of Heineken beer makes a nice tasting beer but in seconds its foaming head has gone,the beer looks dead,flat really,more like tea,or another similar liquid I can think of. As a  test,I tried a can or two of Windhoeks,what a difference the beer has life and it tastes better,its a lot less expensive too my wife tells me.

My recorded phone call to Heinekens help line started with a lady asking for my date of birth,its the same on their web site,a closed shop if your under the age of 18? I explained my background and the  reason for the call,I was then asked for a code number from the stock we still have,being told if it was a 710 code it was made in a new brewery in the general  Jo,burg region but if the code was 516,it was made in Namibia.

The code on my beers has a long line of numbers and there in the center is 710B,so we know where my beers are made.


Service? not this far,so last night I enjoyed a foaming glass of Windhoek Lager,what a great flavour and taste!

Roy



No comments:

Post a Comment