Wednesday 1 December 2010

Dons Hebburn on Tyne morning snow scene


Thanks to Don Scott for the use of this picture.

We who are living in South Africa need to see pictures like this now and again to show us just how kind our weather can be,at this time its blue skies and about 25c with plenty of people using the beach and local walks here in Hout Bay.I am sitting in my office with a circulation fan on!

Now and again I check out Hebburns web pages,as my grandad Robert (robbie) McBride was a ship yard worker back around 1934,thats my only family link with Hebburn as far as I have been able to find out.I found a similar early morning picture on the Hebburn web site,Don took it this morning and I posted a reply asking for his permision to use and post it,Don emailed me back with a better shot and his permision to use it,thanks Don.

Check out http://www.hebburn.org/ view the messages link to find the various postings.

No comments:

Post a Comment