Tuesday 22 June 2010

New Zealands Cape Cutter 19 is pro painted

This is a fine build of a Cape Cutter 19 from one of our kits,Ian has progressed well and will soon be rigging her out,we supplied the mast and spars too.

Ian and I discussed the painting of his boat some while back,my feeling is that while paint application by brush and a roller is accepatble to some,the end result will actually degrade the boats looks and devalue it to some extent?

Hi Roy,


After all the coating and sanding, sanding, sandING, I decided the little boat deserved a really nice final coating as a treat. I was put onto a professional guy who has started his own little business locally and he liked the boat so decided to do the paint job for a reduced rate. And since I had done the hard yards previously, the cost was most reasonable. The guy is an artist and the boat looks like a fibreglass finish - I am really chuffed. You guys were right with your advice of 'keep on sanding.'

A friend helped me raise the garage door (easier said than done) and cut an aperture above it, because when the mast tabernacle is fixed in place she won't quite fit into the garage given the height of the trailer. So now we need to dynabolt a fitting my mate welded up onto the shed floor to enable us to winch the boat up inside where she will live and where I shall then proceed to put the fittings on and prepare the spars.

Cheers,

Ian

No comments:

Post a Comment