Monday 25 January 2010

More Zeeslang

A sunday morning visit to the Hout Bay Boat Park saw Jean and I on the small marina,there we found Zeeslang and a nice plaque showing when the marina was opened,Johan happens to be a sailing man and a friend of mine.The boat yard is well run by helpfull staff,they have a travel lift,it will take 30 tons?

Zeeslang,once the fastest boat in RSA,she will be no slouch now?


Hi Roy

I read your article on the Net about "Zeeslang" nice to see she gets the
attention she deserves! I Have sailed a couple of times on her. Friends of
mine own her and there is a rumour she might do a long distance race, who
knows! Myself I own an old boat too with a pedigree but not as old as
Zeeslange thought. "Impact" is mine and I own her since 2001, we mainly race
her and we do well lots of wins and never lower then coming 5th place. She
was built by Bobby Bongers and is cold moulded, but I am sure you know all
that.

Great article and hope to hear from you regarding senior race

Regards

Jacqui

No comments:

Post a Comment