Saturday 14 November 2009

Our first Toylander Series Two build

Left click the pictures to view in a larger size.







I was wondering what success I would have with assembly of the many panels we had cut to make our first Toylander body with,having never attempted this before,I dont even have the plans yet,I was a real beginer.I found that we had not cut the finger joint grooves wide enough,so I had to plane some material off,that and cut the 3mm corner radius left by our CNC machine,I still only took three and a half hours to assemble though.

The car body as in the pictures is dry assembled,there are some screws in it but our kits will be easy to assemble without screws,you will need screws to hold the joints tight when your at the gluing stage,I suggest making the car dry first is a good idea,as while we will supply an assembly guide,stage by stage,you my find it easier to do it your own way on the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment