Wednesday 25 November 2009

Manfred Marktel and his yacht Maus returns to HBYC

Left click the picture to view full size.

Monday evening I noticed the genoa was hanked on to the head stay of Blue Shadow of Mauritius,so the inteneded departure for FBYC was the next day? So an emtpty berth,just right for another boat needing a secure position and close to the marina emtrance security gate and managers office (peter godley) imagine my surprise when I arrived yesterday afternoon and finding the position filled already,it was yacht Maus,a boat that was on our marina in the last sailing season.The owner,Manfred Marktel,had various repair works done while he was here last time,Steve of Dixi Rollar did the work,this included new teak cappings for both sides of the steel hull,we machined the wood all round and cut the scarfs on our purpose made jig the make the work easier for Steve.

I asked Manfred where he had come from,knowing the answer already but I wanted him to tell me,Brasil! was Manfreds reply,to which I then asked how many crossings was this now? again I knew the reply,twelve said Manfred,this guy is at the top of his game,he will set off once more in three months time he told me.

You can follow Manfreds many travels on his own web site at the web site below,Manfred is Austrian but lives in Italy when not sailing,he also writes for various yachting magazines.

http://www.manfredmarktel.it/

No comments:

Post a Comment