Monday 12 October 2009

How to turn a yacht hull over,the story of Tididi continues






I have been to a hull turning before,I also turned my own hull over,both were done very differently and in my own case I had more control as I placed the entire hull into a spit braai tuning frame but with out the heat,I mentioned this to our customer Andrew and look what he has produced,a full mock up in a smaller scale!

Andrew comments:

Monday, October 12, 2009

Countdown to Turning

Finally, all the holes have been filled and all that remains is to sand the hull, seal it and paint. There are a few other small things which need doing, like drilling the holes for the Keel and Skeg, making a cradle, making the frameworks for the pinions and A-frames and doing a bit of excavation. If all goes according to plan we will be having a huge party on the 5th of December.

I have now also completed a scale model of Tididi as well as the boat shed in order to get a better understanding of how it will turn and to work out where there is excavation needed. The top of the box depicts the ground level with relevant slopes allowing me to work out exactly how deep I need to dig to accomodate the arc the boat will take.

No comments:

Post a Comment