Tuesday 3 February 2009

A tall ship visits Liverpools St Catherine Docks


Sailing ship Ruth and Zebu moored outside the Mersey Maritime Museum, Liverpool


Zebu under full sail.


The Brigantine Zebu,Liverpools resident tallship,photo by R McBride

I took this picture a few years back,this was in October 1997,yes in the last century,if I knew this blog was to happen I might have noted the name of the ship,does anyone know what her name is?If you left click on either picture you will see her full screen but even then I see no name on her,she is a Baltic Trader type?

Note,many thanks to Max of www.tallshipstock.com for recognising this boat,once he named her Zebu,my memory woke up and I agree.

Roy

2 comments:

  1. She is definitely a beautiful ship. I am sailing in the Tall Ships Atlantic Challenge on the Tecla and she looks similar.. I'm only guessing though!

    Josh

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi

    The top one looks like Eye of the Wind and the bottom one the brigantine Zebu, which is based in Liverpool

    regards

    Max
    tallshipstock.com

    ReplyDelete