Tuesday 9 December 2008

Yacht She,a special boat


Photo taken by Roy McBride left click on the picture to view full size and see full detail.

Anyone reading this blog (does anyone?) will have seen me mention the yacht She more than once,the boat is special in that she is made from teak,even the plywood on the decks is teak plywood,this is not your average boat! I think she was made in India,or thereabouts,she is an Alan Buchanan design and easily out sails many other boats,just look at her lines,she is good looking too!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Roy,

    This boat reminds me of BRAT, which I used to sail on in Port Elizabeth. Owned by Harry Freaker she is a 37ft Camper and Nicholson built in 1913 and still going strong. You may even know of her as she was in Cape Town before being bought by Harry and moved to P.E. I will try and get you some pics.

    ReplyDelete