Saturday, 6 October 2012

A Stayrite mens watch, its Swiss made!

A year or so back I posted an entry on a mens Grosvenor watch with a gold case. I looked around and found the same case was also sold as a Rolex!

Today I discovered another mens watch, its old and looks it too, the name is Stayrite and this far I am finding it hard to find any information on this brand at all?


The strap pins are fixed, so I think this watch will be around 50 to 60 years old, does anyone know?

I have now done a search and found nothing excepting a mention of a Stayrite ladies watch on ebay, it went no place and if it was a posted offer its now been removed.



This Stayrite watch has really nice face markings, I think if the case was re chromed and the watch cleaned I will have a fine classic watch!



The stainless back says antimagnetic, shock-resist and also waterproof, I wonder is it?
thats quite a claim for a watch this old, who was making Stayrite watches and when?



The series number is 1671, thats not a very large number if some of the numbers are date related?

I now need a decent watch maker?

Roy

Note, a friend who collects watches asked me to inspect the face or the case of the watch with a magnifying glass, he thought I may discover a makers mark or similar? I had a look and found the words Swiss Made, so at least we know where it came from.