Thursday 1 November 2012

More from Miles and Hurricane Sandy

Miles sent me the message below.

A bit of leather and electrical tape that prevented this line from chafing through. I am now a believer in the wonders of electrical tape.  I was taking waves over the stern as I wrapped the tape around a spare piece of leather.  Unprotected for just a few minutes and the line was chafing badly. The tape and leather stopped the chafe and held up well during the worst 4 hours  of the storm, which was gusting over 80 mph even in the protected cove. Shot the morning after.

 
 
This is a lesson to us all, if you have a boat carry some decent chafe protection leather and binding tape.
 
 Miles had Brio on a very nice looking twin line but stern mooring, I expect he could not pick up on his own from the bow?
 
 
 Drama in the boat yard that Miles uses, all pictures supplied by Miles.
 
Roy