Thursday 21 February 2013

The Hillman Imp Pneumatic throttle foot pump

You may not of heard of such a device, let alone ever seen one!

I used to own one once, it was on the floor of my Imp and the carburetor foot control on my first car a 1963 Hillman Imp, my start as a driver when still 17.


Brian my supplier, also sent me the two copper hot air pipes that heat the auto choke Solex carburetor. The Imp cylinder head in the picture is work in progress and has been shimmed and set up to fit an early Mk1 engine block.

Brian Baylis, a fellow Hillman Imp Club member in New Zealand, has kindly donated the pump to me for the rebuilt 1963 Mk1 Imp engine recently re built and now running. Eric Wells of Hout Bay had the  pump and the carburetor that fits at the other end at the engine.


I asked Brian about the R250 airmail postage charge and how to pay it back to him?
Brian told me to donate the money to Terence Tracey and the JoLon Imp adventure.

 That car will be driven from Johannesburg to London, then Coventry for the 50th anniversary events around May 3rd 2013.

Thanks Brian!

Roy

Check here to view one of the web sites on the intended run.

http://jolonimp.files.wordpress.com/2012/07/jolon-imp-2013-sponsor-template-ht-july-20121.pdf

Further funds are still being sought, please remember that 15% of whatever you donate will be given to three major charities.