Friday 24 July 2015

Inside a Furuno 1800 radar

This one carries a lable 1987, so its all of twenty eight years old!


Click on the image to enlarge it.

I had a look inside the display today to see if there was any visual reason why the display goes off or in some case does not work? When the set is powered up its just perfect and as a 24 mile radar and with its variable zone alarm its a nice bit of gear to have.


The PCB is perfect, almost new I would say.

I found nothing obviously wrong, then again I am not a marine electical technical guy, still having a look does no harm.

I have the zone alarm un pluged, that is the multi plug lying loose.

Next I will eye ball the radome transmitter and see if there are any wires loose, the large multi cable carries eleven function wires, so that is not impossible.

Nice when it works!

Roy

No comments:

Post a Comment