Sunday 1 February 2009

Terry Tappins yard,Weybridge,Surrey,England

You can view these pictures full screen size by left clicking on any picture.All pictures taken by R McBride with a Canon FT I.4 50mm lens and Kodaks 60asa film.(still one of the best cameras made?) Roy





While I was busy building my self designed Bahia 34 in cold moulded marine plywood on Terrys island on the River Thames,I got to know Kevin of Thamesway Marine Products (TMP) (they do gear boxes)AT 96 Thames St,Weybridge,which is opposite the Old Crown Pub,I think my build became infectious as before very long Kevin was rebuilding an old and abandoned classic that the yard owner Terry Tappin said he could have if he could fix it?

Here is my friend Kevin of TMP Marine taking on a derilict boat,its sprung its seams all over the place,Kevin wanted a small family boat for his wife and two sons,this boat was perfect if he could fix it,between the two of us we put new Green Oak steamed frames in called 'Sisters' named as such as they are fitted along side the original and broken frame.Kevin was outside hammering the Copper Nail,I was inside with the Copper Rove and another hammer,with Kevins hammering,the nail became clenched over inside and secured the Sister Frame,its easy stuff but takes two men and a lot of time.

No comments:

Post a Comment