Wednesday 10 November 2010

Cape Horn integrated self steering

Its that time of the year again and both local and other yachtsmen are again asking me what vane gears I can recomend? At this time I am sourcing shipping fees to three sets of Cape Horn gears for local yachts,thats Canada to South Africa. Prices on the vanes vary from around U$3450 to U$3890,plus delivery and local vat,so please be aware they are not inexpensive but against having crew to watch out for and feed they will seem cheaper once your under way! We now  have brochures and a 100 minutes DVD from the suppliers,it will cost printing and postage,allow R75 if you want a copy.

kits@comlumber.com



"I bought the Caphorn as a backup to my electronic autopilot for the Governors Cup Yacht Race, 1750+ miles in South Atlantic. (...) After the first day of sailing and using my Auto Pilot, my motor packed up and I was left with no means to recharge my batteries, so for the rest of the way I used the CapHorn. It was marvellous, allowing me to get sleep while racing single-handed against crewed yachts, and still came second in my class against these yachts.


Ian Williams, Ultimate 30, MOMENTS

No comments:

Post a Comment