Thursday 5 May 2016

Philips AP Mk8 GPS display

This works fine, the remote antenna does not.

So either the display is for sale or I am wanting a replacement antenna?


Contact me for details.

An update and many years later, as I first posted on this subject way back in 2016!




As a way of a test I set the GPS up and tried what was once a faulty antenna out, to my amazement the set started to work and has been running for around six months now.



I assume that the small antenna had a moisture ingress and that stopped the unit from functioning, then left in my office for a few years its dried out?

Note, I have some B&G Network repeaters and a GPS Plus connected to it, the best reading on there goes as low as 1.0 right now it reads 1.4.



Looking at ten sats, using five so good enough for a 2D fix

The date is out permanently and cannot be entered into the GPS. Right now the B&G GPS shows me Wed, 14th April 04, when the actual date is Wednesday 29th 2023.

So the Leica Mk8 is no longer for sale!



Roy
 

No comments:

Post a Comment