Monday 23 January 2012

Dixi dinghy kit to Maputo

One of the many countries we have exported to is Mozambique,Jim wanted a small tender so suit the Wharram Tiki 30 catamaran they already had.The idea in the kit was education,a hands on lesson for pupils while Jim did the build.


Check the assembled Dixi dinghy shell at the back of the room.


Hi Roy,


I'm sorry for the long delay in communications with you, but I still enjoy reading your blog from time to time. I haven't been back to Cape Town since buying the Dixy dingy from you, but I thought I should at least send you a report and some photos. I am very pleased with our new tender! The construction went well with our 3 teen campers learning by my side. The usufulness of the dixy dingy design has exceeded my expectations. I feel fortunate I made the right choice. We don't plan to build another one right away but I think I will it will be the same design when we decide to do another boat-building project with our youth.

Lots of joy in this picture!



The Dixi Dinghy looks to be a right sized boat to the Wharram 30,we have supplied materials to the Wharram Tiki 30 builds a number of times,we also have the Wharram Tiki 38 on file as just about a fully cut kit set.

Our camps continue well, providing an effective tool for working with the Maputo youth, specifically the "priviledged" class who we have targeted. We plan to add to our (not-for-profit) youth program this year. We are researching the viability of starting a business to offer corporate team-building programs to Maputo larger companies.


Cruising along behind the Wharram Tiki 30,our now built up Dixi Dinghy kit looks just fine.

Attached are some recent photos of our trusty tender serving her yacht Wharram 30 Sonho.

Jim

No comments:

Post a Comment