Saturday 8 October 2011

Sailing with Amateur Radio

Many of us have done just that,an SSB is a usfull tool when used correctly,daily networks exist around the globe plus we have things like Sailmail today as well.


This classic volume was found on Vigaro V and loaned to me by my good friend,Charles who owns the boat.Dated 1978,so its now 33 years old,it will have done some many miles by now.

Herb Johnson W6QK1

This is the books author,he also designed the Atlas range of amateur radios sets,my first contact with
ham radio was with an Atlas,great set it was too,some 10,000 sets were sold,has anyone got one for me?


left click this or any page for what should be a larger view,
The back cover,I have some great reading to do it seems!

How hard can this be.

R McB

My thanks to the books publishers Communications Technology,Inc.Greenville,New Hampshire,03048.

No comments:

Post a Comment