Tuesday 4 October 2011

Daves Hillman Imp is a driver now


As far as I remember David who lives in Cullinan, has owned his Mark 1 Hillman Imp since new,he contacted me some years back about an engine rebuild? I made him an offer that he pay for the parts,plus supply a few more engines and Imp  tuning parts he had collected,I would then do the rebuild at cost plus parts.


Dave and his son out for a drive,all window glass has been removed pending new rubbers from the Imp Clubs spares man Bob Allan. The engine was rebuilt for Dave in November 2003,so around eight years back,I started the parts rebuild in May of that year though.


Dave and his son trying the car out again,the age of the car is unknown but it will be around a 1964 model,so forty seven (47) years old now,Dave tells me the engine I rebuilt for him  started first time once it had petrol in it.

Vigletti Motors did a lot of work on the cylinder head for me,they skimmed the head,ground the valves,set the tappets,did a vacume test,chemical clean blast and honed the block I seem to remember.
We now have many Imp related car parts in stock,even some body parts,suspensions and many engine parts too.

R McB



No comments:

Post a Comment