Saturday 17 April 2010

Out of Africa

Out of Africa,a reply.
Taken word for word from the Imp Clubs monthly news letter Impressions,issue April 2010. www.theimpclub.co.uk

Mike Marsh,Bulgaria.

I saw the Out of Africa picture sent to february's Impressions by Roy McBride.The pictures has been on my website for many years and Ithought members might like to know whats behind it.
I first saw it about 20 years ago when I was serindipitously perusing the classifieds in the back of a Motor Sport',which I seldom had time to do and spotted an advert for a Christies motorĂ­ng memorabilia auction.The ad featured a thumbnail of the catalogue front cover,which was mostly taken up with this painting,as it was one of the lots.
I recognised the elephant (being ex-Kenyan and a fan of David Shepherd's art)

That is my own name for a painting I assumed was by David Shepherd,I found it on the web but with no explanation as to why it was there or what was the reason for the picture of an elephant chasing a Mk1 Hillman Imp?This was around two years back,I now have an explanation,these things take time!

No comments:

Post a Comment