Thursday 6 August 2009

Ocean Cloud on the poles at Cabedelo,on Brasils,east coast.


This was back in 1988,we had an unusual gathering at Jacare,when HBYC yachts arrived and none planed to meet the others that I remember,Ocean Cloud,Endurance 37,Fidler,Mauritius 45,Baywood a 38ft Pheonix? with Alan and Mary Gold aboard and with their son and daughter aboard, were always called The Goldies. We also had other South African yachts arrive too,Dave on Pearl,a trimaran,Baraka,an Endurance 40 in a ferro construction with Sharon and Ian,then Niels and Millie on their Bongers 39,Gypsy Girl,Dancing Diamond,a Cape Cutter 27,Wings,a Muira, and Shellyco,another Endurance 37 like our own.I was pleased I had used this rig by now, as I had made a plan with Brian Stevens in that I design the rig,he buys the materials and all the yachties build it,then use it once and when we sail off ,Brian gets to rent the rig out,it was a succesfull win win situation on both sides.

No comments:

Post a Comment