Monday 17 August 2009

Jimmy Woolf becalmed!

Yacht Bolt Hole,jimmys self built steel yacht,its a great picture and I think the very first time its been published,copyright is to Caroline Woolf.Left click the picture to see a really great quality photo.


This is a man who by now has circumnavigated,not on the same boat but he builds what he sails,steel construction.The picture was taken in the Azores high,not a breath of wind. I assume Jimmy asked his wife Caroline to take the picture from their dinghy?

1 comment:

  1. Hi Roy Yes, I did go out in the dinghy to take the shot. We were becalmed for about 24 hours, then finally caught the wind and went on to arrive in Flores a day or so later. I also had to go over the side to check the rudder about 600 nm south of Ireland - in both cases, Jimmy could get me back on board in an emergency, but I would have battled!
    Regards Caroline Woolf

    ReplyDelete