Wednesday 18 March 2009

Yaesu FRG-7700 communications receiver


The original sales brochure!



This may be the webs better picture of the Yaesu FRG-7700 receiver and its optional tuner,I will publish the sales brochure to give you all the details soon.

Note,maintainance tip,there should be three (3) AA sized batteries in a tray on the underside of the set,they are for the memory function,I have just checked my own to find that even though they are the Duracell brand,two out of the three have degraded at the ends,no damage has been done but its worth checking yours?



The rather neat tuner,I also installed their memory unit at the same time.


Time (the years) moved on and I bought a used but very solid Yaesu FRG-7700 from a cruising friend (willie) who sold his boat(buccaner) and parts of his equipment,I then went to see Hamrad and for a very reasonable fee purchased an antenna tuner/splitter,this really can boost this sets reception performance,its a separate box that sits on the top of the reciever.
The sales brochure will be scanned and included in this blog in the next day or so,

No comments:

Post a Comment