Wednesday 18 February 2009

TBA boat on Table Bay at the Easter regatta


Photo by R McBride using his trusty Canon FT.left click the picture to view full size.

Tara,which then became Squire,due to a new owner not wanting what he said was an indian name,Tara sounds just fine to me? That is a very early Mk1 Aries Vane Gear servo pendulum self steering gear hanging off the back,they are quite rare but do have a tendency to see the vane leave the water in very rough weather,thats why the designer Nick Franklin, changed the design later on to include the by now normal side tubes,as well as carry control ropes,they stop the vane from going past a certain angle.

I have spoken to Nick in the past,he supplied me with a batch of three of his Mk3 vane gears,thats the removable type,I sell my yacht but never my Aries,they are just wonderfull silent crew members!

No comments:

Post a Comment