Thursday 11 May 2017

Didi Mini Transat by Dix Design

One day Dudley Dix called me and asked would I be able to CNC a set of his Didi Mini Transat design bulkheads?


My reply was positive and we took it from there.

Royal Cape Yacht Club, that is Cape Towns Table Mountain in the background.


The bulkheads were followed later by the hull and deck skins, by then I was building two of these boats to orders from customers.

Check the finish, this is a 6mm thick hull skin only but as we used the best quality 6mm okoume marine plywood available, it was a five ply, the surface is stable and takes paints well.

Contact me for details on this and other Dix Design boats.

Roy

1 comment:

  1. Hello Roy. I'm still heart sore she is gone to a new owner. Building up the courage to tackle a bigger boat soon. Cheers Malcolm.

    ReplyDelete