Friday 16 May 2014

The Hillman Imp Motor Car launch magazines

Back in 1963 it was very rare for a car magazine to make a new car the main subject of most of the issue.

Sporting Motorist did just that, it was the May 1963 issue and at just three Shillings a good price.

I have that magazine here, as I do the Autocar May 1963 issue.


The cars and the magazines are now fifty (50) years old, Autocar still exists, I wonder does Sporting Motorist?

The Imps still of course still exist and I drive mine as many times each week as is possible!

How easy can that be?

Roy


This was a third British magazine doing a front page story on the Hillman Imp, there were also French and Dutch magazines doing the same thing, looks like Rootes we good at promotions. This issue I do not have , does anyone have one for me I wonder?



Such was the excitement and press coverage that Rootes covered an entire car with them!



No comments:

Post a Comment