Wednesday 30 April 2014

Sunbeam Sport brake servo repair kits

These were fitted to the Sport Imps and made a nice difference to the feel of the brakes, I have used them on my two Sunbeam Stiletto's and to good effect.


This one is in stock and comes from a 1966 Singer Chamois Sport, its done 134,000 miles and has been to many places, Vic Falls, Kilimanjaro, Mozambique and even up the Sani Pass.

I have now sourced the correct service kit and will be fitting it to my 1967 Singer Chamois with its part sport engine and front disc brakes from the Ford Fiesta / Ford KA.

How easy ? I will let you know but I have the section pipe from the front to rear of the car, plus the four way union in the picture.

The early sport Imps had the servo in the front of the car, then a four way union, plus the suction pipe to the twin Stromberg carbs inlet manifold, this is the system I will use. Later Sports saw the servo move to the rear of the car and in the engine bay on the passenger side, which is more weight where its not required really?

It does seem that my idea to re sleeve the original 0.625" brake master cylinder to the larger 0.70" (sport)  master cylinder is possible, you will require the correct size piston though.

Roy

No comments:

Post a Comment