Thursday 19 July 2012

The Institute of Carpenters

My association with the IOC dates back to around 1967/8 when I was invited to sit a technical exam for entry to the institute. I had just finished the final year of The London City of Guilds for Carpentry and Joinery, my pass mark was high enough for me to be considered as an IOC candidate.


Edward Borastero, a full time student at the Building Crafts College, achieved the highest marks and the candidate achieving the second highest marks was Adam Jones, an apprentice with Denne Joinery and a student at Canterbury College.

The news letter is now sent by email, I was contacted by Mel only yesterday to see if others in South Africa would like to become members?

http://www.instituteofcarpenters.com/email-files/IOC_Newsletter_Nov11.html


A clock made by a member.

We are looking for qualified individuals or training colleges who may which to join and help their students become members.

Roy