Tuesday 31 January 2012

The new Optimist build continues

Stuart has a great selection of G clamps,I wish I had so many!


I have started gluing the Meranti strips to the gunwhales and it seems to be turning out ok.


I am finding this quite a slow progress as I have decided not too loosen the G-clamps until the epoxy has dried.  I did use quite a number of screws to hold the first strip in, but still, when loosening the clamps I did notice small hairline gaps appear, so I tightened them up again.

Would I be correct in saying that the screws used on these first strips should also be removed as with all others?

I have advised Stuart to use screws to hold the new rails in place untill the epoxy fully cures,this can be some days.Then remove the screws and back fill with epoxy and micro balloons/Fumed silica mix.


No comments:

Post a Comment