Monday 26 July 2010

Alonsos Argie 15 kit in Kenya

We shipped a full boat kit out to Kenya for Alonso,progress looks very good to myself,thats a good looking sail boat I think.

Roy

The kit before unpacking and starting the build

A message just in from Alonso.

Dear Friends


It is with great joy that I share the following photos with you.

Starting the project 20 months ago, our wooden boat is now finished !!!

I learned valuable woodwork lessons, but more important I leaned many life- enriching lessons, it sure was not an easy project to tackle in Kenya.

I put the boat on top of our luggage trailer and tied it down. If you do wonder if we were stopped, yes, just once, but we had no problems. the boat is left at Lake Naivasha some 80 km from us.

It sails wonderfully in light winds and handled well in a stronger breeze, will have to learn as we sail more.

Now what, well Adri has a list of things to fix around the house and well maybe I will make some oars next year to get some exercise in on the sailing weekends.

If you are interested in more details about the boat, have a look at http://www.dixdesign.com/amateurs-dinghy2.htm or http://www.ckdboats.com/



Blessings

Alfonso

No comments:

Post a Comment