Friday 25 June 2010

Tididi progresses


Andrew arrived at CKD Boats when he required 6mm plys to laminate his hull skin with,we discussed the end use and did an upgrade to BS1088 marine grade in ockume veneers,plus the 816 epoxy system we stock.Progress was good and late last year Andrew had a hull turning party,seems it was a good one reading his blog and he wont have to look for crew either.

From Andrews blog:

To all those who follow my blog, I have not fallen off the edge of the world, although my world did change quite drastically when we turned the boat because on the same day I also met the most amazing lady. Jay has changed my life totally and although the boat building has not stopped altogether, I have to admit it has slowed down quite substantially. This is not however of great concern as this was always going to be a long term project and now that I have someone special to share it with, it just makes it all that much more worthwhile. Things are going to remain slow over the next few months as Jay and I are going on a cruise in the Baltic and a road trip through the South West of England during September.

In the interim though there has been some progress on Tididi in that most of the interior temporary timber has been removed, all the interior joints have been filled and the cockpit frames and aft side deck beams installed.

No comments:

Post a Comment