Wednesday 7 April 2010

Ragin Cajun sends an AIS report.

As each order tends to be slightly different and some AIS need programing with the boats return signal,we bring orders in via TNT couriers,it takes just a few days from receipt of your payment.
Contact kits@comlumber.com or phone on Cape Town 021 510-7206




The three of us take turns to cook the evening meal. So far we have eaten very well. Dinner has to be ready before dark, so we usually eat at about 6. I am drinking very little of the huge supply of whisky I put on board - somehow, I just don't feel like it. This abstinence can't do me any harm, although I find it very odd. Browno takes the first evening watch from 9pm - 12am. He then wakes me and I go through until 3am, then Tony does the 3am to 6am shift. The AIS has been wonderful, warning us of large ships and tankers in our path. It tells us their name, their destination, and when and where we will intercept them. We still have to be very careful on watch to look out for smaller boats without AIS. We have a timer which we can use if we get sleepy. It is set to go off at 15 minute intervals, so if you should doze off, it will wake you in time to do another check. I am coping quite well with the new sleep pattern, although I find it difficult to sleep during the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment