Sunday 1 March 2009

Ocean Planet (ex tal gal) returns to South Africa


North Sails Genaker flying,on a near windless morning in Saldahna,both pictures were taken by Clive Cohen,who was sitting in our 9ft Duckling dinghy,Mersey Mac,so named after my grandads greyhound.


A nice day in Saldahana where we kept Ocean Planet for a long while,note the cap I am wearing,it is a genuine issue from the stores of the USS America aircraft carrier,given to me on an invited vist to the ship while in Salvador,Bahia,Brasil.




A required crew list,myself and crew member Alex Notman

We loaded stores in Rios wonderfull air conditioned supermarkets,then Notty and I bid a last farewell to Rios Marina Gloria and set off early one morning for the island of Ilha Grand (big island) some sixty (60) miles due south,which in our case was the right direction to head when Cape Town was the final destination,we cleared out in Rio first.

No comments:

Post a Comment