Saturday 15 November 2008

Beech Sports race car Hillman Imp engine exhaust supply


1965 Mk4B series 2 model the owner is John Rankin in the USA.


This is our standard type large bore inlet/exhaust type manifold,Johns new one to suit his race car will be quite different,with the tail pipe facing the opposite way.


Hillman Imp 998cc full race engine with an R23 Camshaft,with a special transaxle fitted.

An issue in any competition car,is weight,this standard full race Hillman Imp manifold made to take two twin choke Webber 40 dcoe carburetors only tips the scale at 4.5 kgs as you can see.

We are making a new full race inlet and exhaust fabricated manifold to suit this championship winning car,the engine is going to be made to run in a vertical position,rather than laying over as in the Hillman Imp engine as in this picture

1 comment:

  1. You have done an excellent job and i wish you well.
    I recently become interested in a project to build a "special" motorbike. It all started with a k75 I own which is basically a car engine in a bike frame. I wondered whether I could do better when my workshop garage is finally built. My father owned an Imp in the 70s he didn't like small cars so he sold it.
    However, I saw a Norton Imp once and now with technology and some gumption perhaps a bike could be built which is less bulky and handles better than my mass manufactured weighty BMW. An Imp engine may therefore be a good starting point.


    Regards

    JBW

    Nice work!

    ReplyDelete